Quick and Easy Care Tips for Great Wine Chilling Results
A wine cooler is the perfect appliance for novice wine drinkers and collectors. It preserves the taste and quality of white and red wines by carefully controlling storage temperature and humidity levels.
To ensure efficiency, optimal performance and long-lasting durability, wine chillers must be properly maintained and cared for. Here are some quick and easy maintenance and care tips for your portable unit.
One of the most important maintenance and care tips for your cooler is exterior and interior cleaning. Following these simple tips will keep your wine cooler in great operating condition.
- Prevent attractive finishes from becoming discolored by cleaning the exterior with a non-abrasive cleanser and a non-abrasive cloth
- Disconnect the power
- Remove the racks
- Wipe down with a mild detergent and warm water. A mild solution you can make at home is 2 tablespoons baking soda and 1 quart warm water
- If there's a water box at the bottom, pull it out and rinse
Remember, never clean with flammable fluids because they can cause a fire or an explosion.
Make sure you set your cooler up in the proper area. Where you place the unit will affect how well it functions.
- Set it up in a cool, dark area, away from direct sunlight or other heat sources
- Make sure there's enough clearance. Your wine cooler needs space around it to ensure that the vents aren't blocked and the door opens easily
- Place it on a level surface to keep wine bottles safe and securely in place
When relocating your portable wine cooler, follow these helpful tips for successful placement.
- Remove bottles
- Tape down loose parts
- Turn the feet toward the base to avoid damage
- Tape the door shut and keep it in an upright position at all times
If the unit isn't kept upright, it may not operate correctly. If for any reason, the unit isn't kept in an upright position at all times, you should let it sit for a minimum of 2 hours before plugging it in.
To get the best performance out of your cooler, you should follow certain operation principles. For example:
- Always read the owner's manual included with the unit before use.
- Don't open the door too often
- Make sure the door is closed all the way
- Make sure the door seal is functioning properly
All of these factors contribute to your wine cooler's ability to maintain a constant temperature. To ensure proper wine storage, you need to make sure the temperature is consistent.
- The unit shouldn't be overfilled
- Don't let the bottles bang or scratch the inner or outer surface of the chiller
- Items shouldn't be placed on top of the unit or allowed to press up against the surface either
Keeping your wine cooler fully repaired at all times is a great way to ensure longevity. The best way to do this is by following a few simple procedures:
- Check the power cord for damage, because cut or frayed cords are extremely dangerous
- Replace interior lights when they go out
- Fix any broken racks as soon as possible
- Check the cooling element and fan
Maintaining a precise temperature and humidity level is the most important part of wine preservation and storage.
Keep up to date on all our latest content and sign up below
- Shop All Departments
- Wine & Beverage Cooling
- Shop by Style:
- Editor's Picks
- Shop By Price:
- Shop by Bottles:
- Shop by Cooling Zones:
- Shop by Brand:
- Contact Us
- Clearance Items
- 3 EASY WAYS TO PAY!
- Customer Service Hours:
Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 5 PM PST
- Toll Free Number:
- Local Number:
- Fax Number:
1100 S. Linwood Ave. Bldg B
Santa Ana, CA 92705
- In-Store Pick Up Available:
If you're a local customer, save on shipping by coming in to pick up your order. Select products that are available for local pick up - Call now and come in to pick up your purchase!
Will Call Hours:
Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 4 PM PST