Teriyaki sauce is a wonderfully tangy and powerful sauce that is used widely in Japanese cuisine. Combined with melt-in-the mouth ribs the sauce finds its ideal partner. This dish is an excellent choice for a Friday night with friends or a quick option for the family.
Read on to find out how to cook succulent Teriyaki Style Short Ribs that will wow your guests. Get them right every time with the Avalon Bay Sous Vide Circulator or the Avalon Bay Sous Vide Water Oven.
- 2lbs of bone-in short ribs
- Teriyaki Marinade
- Two 1-gallon size plastic storage bags
- Apply the Teriyaki sauce or your favorite wet marinade onto the bone-in short ribs
- Let rest at room temp for 30 minutes
- While the short ribs are resting, set your sous vide station up and set to 145°F
- Place your short ribs into two 1-gallon size plastic storage bags and remove as much air as possible
- Place the short ribs into your sous vide container for 1 hour and 15 minutes (this will make it a medium-rare)
- Take the short ribs out of the water and let rest, still in the plastic storage bags, for about 10 minutes
- Turn a skillet on high heat with some oil in the pan
- Sear the short ribs on a skillet or a grill so that they have a beautiful dark brown sear on them. Approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute per side