- Q & A
Soleus KY3-100 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
Get quick and efficient cooling with the Soleus KY3-100 portable air conditioner. Since this air conditioner is fully portable, its range is even greater in practice - just move it from room to room as needed. Built-in casters let you roll it into place without having to lift and carry it. Use it in the living room during the day and in the bedroom at night. The KYS-100 has a low noise level, so you won't mind having it around! This small white and gray unit looks good, but more importantly it provides 10,000 BTUs of cooling power - enough to keep up to 325 square feet comfortable even in peak heat and acts as a
- Air conditioner
How Big an Area Does the KY3-100 Keep Cool?
How does 325 square feet sound? That's enough to keep a large bedroom cool, a moderate sized office, or maybe a dorm room or small living room. The 225 CFM fan makes sure cold air reaches every corner, with 4-way directional louvers to make it go where it's needed most.
Is the KY3-100 Air Conditioner Easy to Set Up?
No permanent installation is required for the KY3-100 air conditioner, and setup takes as little as 10 minutes. Everything you need is included. Every portable air conditioner must be vented through a window, door or wall. The window kit installs easily - just insert the adjustable window sliders in the opening and snap the adapters and hose into place. Removal is even faster
Specia Features Include
- Flexible exhaust hose with 2 adapters - stretches to over 60" for easy placement options
- 2-piece adjustable window slider kit - fits openings from 28.5" to 55" (horizontal or vertical)
- Exhaust hose insulated sleeve - for more efficient operation
- Drain pan - for convenient condensation removal
- Continuous drainage tube
Is this Air Conditioner Easy to Operate?
With push-buttons controls and a bright, multi-color display panel, this air conditioner couldn't be easier to operate. Control functions include: mode selction, temperature control, fan speed control, swinging louvers, sleep mode, and auto mode that cool and dehumidifies as needed.
How Often Will I Need to Empty Water From the AC?
During air conditioning and dehumidying modes, the Soleus KY3-100 will extract moisture from the air - as much as 55 pints per day! Most of this moisture will be used to cool internal components, and then exhausted outside through the vent hose. In most conditions, you'll never have to empty water from the unit.
How Much Does this Unit Dehumidify?
Sometimes, in high humidity conditions, water extracted from the air cannot be evaporated quickly enough by the system, and condensate will collect in the 1.5 liter emergency holding tank. When this tank fills, the unit will automatically shut down to prevent overflow and an alarm will sound. To empty, simply pull the drain plug at the back of the unit and allow it to empty into the included drain pan. Or, for continuous operation in high humidity, install the included drainage hose. There's never any messy bucket to manage.
- Model: KY3-100
- UPC: 647568552543
- Product Type: 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- Product Dimensions: L: 13.00" x W: 22.13" x H: 27.75"
- Product Weight: 65.60 lbs.
- Product Color: White/Gray
- Application: Used to cool indoor area
- Warranty: 1 year
- Type: Portable Air Conditioner
- Coverage Area: 325 square feet
- Heater: No
- Voltage: 115 volts
- Air Flow: 225 CFM
- Watts: 1050 watts
- Amps: 9.6 amps
- Cooling Capacity: 10000 BTUs
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Noise Level: 45 dB
- Certifications: ETL
- Dehumidifying Capacity: 55 pints
- Heat Pump: No
- Number of Fan Speeds: 3
- Programmable Timer: Yes
- Timer Length: 24 hour
- Recommended Room Size: 325
- Air Conditioner Type: Cool Only
- Auto-Evaporative System: Yes
- Fan Only Option: No
- Adjustable Air Louvers: Yes
- Automatic Air Louvers: Yes
- Automatic Restart: Yes
- Air Filter: No
- Built-In Air Purification System: No
- Display Type: LCD
- Remote Control: Yes
- Exhaust Hose Length: 60 Inches
- Designed for Commercial Use: No
- Auto mode - switches between "cooling" and "dehumidify" to maintain comfortable room climate
- Fan speed control - select from 3 fan speeds to meet your comfort level
- Mode selection - choose between cooling, dehumidifying and fan-only operation
- Sleep mode - gradually increases temperature when it's time for bed
- Swing - activate the side-to-side oscillating louvers to regulate air flow through the room
- Temperature select - choose from a temperature range of 61° - 88°F