- Q & A
Cool down smarter and faster with the super-powered Sunpentown WA-9040DE portable air conditioner. This unit fits into your bedroom, office or den to provide the extra cooling you need when the thermostat starts to rise.
Cool Down Smarter
Press the SMART mode button and the WA-9040DE automatically detects the room's current temperature and modifies operation to provide maximum comfort.
Cool Down Faster
Activate SUPER mode to get a fast blast of cold air, to quickly lower room temperature to your ideal comfort level. The dual-hose system uses outside air to cool the compressor, which means increased cold air output and faster temperature drops.
The WA-9040DE is easy to set up and even easier to use. The sturdy PVC housing looks sleek, with easy-grip handles and casters that let you move it effortlessly into place. This is a dual-hose air conditioner, and must be vented through a window, door or wall in order to function properly. Everything you need is included, including two expandable exhaust hoses (each extends up to 5.5 feet) and an adjustable window slider kit designed to fit openings up to 6.75 feet.
How cool is super cool? The Sunpentown WA-9040DE has a cooling capacity of 9000 BTUs - that's enough cooling to keep up to 250 square feet comfortable even in a heat wave! Just select your ideal temperature between 64° and 90°F and the air conditioner does the rest. Auto Fan mode adjusts air circulation to maintain even temperatures and the swinging louvers make sure cool air reaches every corner of the room.
If it's not the heat, it's the humidity, so the WA-9040DE conditions as it cools, removing excess moisture from the air for increased comfort indoors. Thanks to state-of-the-art self-evaporative technology, the water extracted from the air is used to cool the unit's machinery. This increases cooling efficiency, reduces operating costs, and virtually no water collects in the built-in water tank. In especially humid weather, excess water will accumulate, but can easily be emptied from the tank, or drained continuously with the included water drainage attachment.
Look at the advantages the WA-9040DE offers with its onboard digital technology
- A digital thermostat for precise temperature measurements.
- A 24-hour programmable timer, for complete cooling control around the clock.
- Automatic restart technology. The air conditioner restarts automatically after a power failure. Perfect for server rooms and other locations where a high temperatures can lead to financial loss!
- Easy-to-read LCD displays on both the control panel and the remote control make it easy to monitor your settings and check the temperature whenever you want.
The WA-9040DE is a 3-in-one appliance that keeps working for you all year round - even when it's not so hot out. Operate it in DRY mode to dehumidify the air and protect your home and belongings from damages from too much moisture. Or provide constant air circulation with the two-speed, 176 CFM fan. Plus, the built-in washable carbon filters remove unpleasant odors and pollutants, so you enjoy fresher, cleaner air.
- Model: WA-9040DE
- UPC: 876840002449
- Product Type: 9,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
- Product Dimensions: L: 18.50" x W: 18.00" x H: 33.50"
- Product Weight: 82.00 lbs.
- Product Color: White
- Application: Cools areas up to 250 square feet
- Warranty: 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty
- Type: Portable Air Conditioner
- Coverage Area: 250 square feet
- Heater: No
- Voltage: 115 volts
- Air Flow: 176 CFM
- Watts: 977 watts
- Amps: 8.5 amps
- Cooling Capacity: 9000 BTUs
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Cooling Operating Temperature: 64-110°F
- Noise Level: 49 dB
- Dehumidifying Capacity: 47 pints
- EER: 9.21
- Heat Pump: No
- Number of Fan Speeds: 3
- Programmable Timer: Yes
- Timer Length: 24-hour
- Refrigerant Type: R22
- Recommended Room Size: 250
- Air Conditioner Type: Cool Only
- Hose Type: Double
- Compressor Type: Rotary
- Auto-Evaporative System: Yes
- Fan Only Option: Yes
- Adjustable Air Louvers: Yes
- Automatic Air Louvers: No
- Automatic Restart: Yes
- Air Filter: Yes
- Built-In Air Purification System: Yes
- Air Purification Method: Carbon , N/A
- Display Type: LCD
- Remote Control: Yes
- Window Dimensions: Minimum: 28 1/4" ; Maximum 81"
- Exhaust Hose Length: 66 Feet
- Exhaust Hose Diameter: 5.25 Inches
- Designed for Commercial Use: No
- Choose when and how long the AC will run with the 24 hour programmable timer
- Dual-hose system provides faster temperature drops
- Great for supplemental server room air conditioning
- LCD Display on both the remote and the control panel makes monitoring and adjusting the temperature easy
- Portable unit provides air conditioning, fan only, and dehumidify only options for use year-round use
- Restart IC Technology ensures your A/C will restart when the power resumes after an outage
- Self-evaporative technology almost eliminates drainage issues
- SMART mode and SUPER mode provide advanced cooling options for faster, smarter cooling