Table of Contents
In Depth: Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100 Series Lets You Grill, Bake, Roast, and Air Fry Healthy Meals
The Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100 Series has a unique and compact design that is constructed of stainless steel- 304 material. Equipped with a top handle, this appliance is great for carrying and convenient storage.
- Dimensions: L: 13.50" x W: 11.00" x H: 12.75"
- Weight: 11.00 lbs.
- Timer Length: 30 Minutes
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Dishwasher Safe: Yes
- Watts: 1500 watts
- Temperature Control: 200-400°F
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Capacity: 3.2 lbs
- Food Basket: Non-Stick
- Rapid Air Circulation Technology
- 3.2L Capacity
- Non-Stick Food Basket
- Safety Features
- Oil-Less Air Fryer
- Unique Design
- Stainless steel 304, compact design
- Temperature gage can reach up to 400°F
- Rapid Air Circulation Technology that uses high-speed circulation
- Requires no oil to fry your foods
- Equipped with a non-stick mesh metal basket
- Customizable settings with a 30 minute timer
- Automatic power shutoff
What does this air fryer do? How many types of cooking is it capable of?
The Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100 Series is an appliance that can fry your foods with no oil needed. It functions by using a hot air circulation to air-fry your foods, while removing excess fats and oils from the ingredients. With this air fryer, you can fry, grill, bake and even roast your foods.
Why should I use this air fryer?
The Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100 Series is made of a compact size ?? convenient for you to easily transport and store away. Offering you an alternative to greasy, fried foods, this air fryer is constructed with a 30 minute timer and automatic power off safety feature.
Ultimately, the Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100 Series is used to produce healthier meals, which still have the same great taste as other foods that are cooked with oils.
Where exactly can I use this air fryer?
This air fryer is intended for household use only. Please refrain from using this appliance in staff kitchens, hotels, and other non-residential environments. When using your air fryer in your kitchen, place the fryer on a clean, flat surface such as a countertop. To avoid fire hazards, do not use the appliance on a non-heat-resistant surface.
Air fryers are designed to operate without fattening oils. This differs greatly from a regular fryer, because regular fryers need oil to produce fried foods.
Using an air fryer can be a great addition to your healthy lifestyle. Foods cooked in an air fryer contain up to 80 percent less fat than foods cooked with a regular fryer.
Air fryers enable you to still enjoy the taste and feel of some of your most favorite fried foods, but also allows you to minimize those unwanted calories and saturated fat.
How do I clean the Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100 Series?
Cleaning your air fryer is an essential task to maintaining the upkeep of your appliance. Steps to maintaining your air fryer:
1. Unplug your Air Fryer and allow it to cool down (about 30 minutes). You can also remove the pan to cool down your Air Fryer a little faster.
2. Wipe the outside of your Air Fryer with a damp cloth. Never use an abrasive cleaner or harsh pad.
3. Clean the pan and basket using hot water, mild soap, and a non-abrasive sponge (the pan and basket are also dishwasher-safe). If necessary, use a degreasing liquid to remove any remaining dirt.
NOTE: If dirt is stuck to the basket or the bottom of the pan, fill the pan with hot water and a mild liquid soap. Put the basket in the pan and soak for about 10 minutes.
4. Clean the inside of the appliance using hot water and a non-abrasive sponge.
5. Clean the heating element using a cleaning brush to remove any food residue.
6. Push the cord into the cord storage compartment. Fix the cord by inserting it into the cord fixing slot.
NOTE: To preserve the non-stick coating, do not use metal kitchen utensils or abrasive cleaning materials to clean the pan, basket, or the inside of the Air Fryer.
How often should I clean the Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100 Series?
To increase the longevity of your appliance, it is recommended to clean your air fryer after every use.
- Place your Air Fryer on a clean, flat surface where you intend to cook. Do not place the appliance on a NON heat-resistant surface.
- Put the basket in the pan ( Figure 3 ).
- Make sure the timer knob is set to 0.
- Plug the cord into a standard electrical outlet. Now you are ready to begin hot air frying.
Once your Air Fryer is assembled properly, you are ready to begin frying.
2. Slide the pan back into your Air Fryer ( Figure 5). Never use the pan without the basket.
3. Do not touch the pan during or immediately after use.The pan will be very hot. Be sure to only hold the pan by the handle.
4. Turn the temperature control knob to the proper temperature (Figure 6 ). See Settings to determine the right temperature.
If the appliance is cold, add 3 minutes to your preparation time.
5. Determine the required preparation time for your food (see Settings). Turn the timer knob to the required preparation time to switch on your Air Fryer (Figure 7 ).
- The power-on light and the heating-up light goes on.
- The timer starts counting down your set preparation time.
- During the hot air frying process, the heating-up light occasionally turns on and off. This indicates that the heating element is switched on and off to maintain your set temperature.
- Any excess oil from the food collects on the bottom of the pan.
Some foods require you to shake halfway during cooking ( Figure 8 ). Pull the pan out of the appliance by the handle and shake it. Then slide the pan back into your Air Fryer (Figure 11 ).
Do not press the button of the handle during shaking (Figure 9).
To reduce the weight while shaking, remove the basket from the pan and shake only the basket. Just pull the pan out, place it on a heat-resistant holder surface, such as a trivet, and press the button of the handle ( Figure 10 ).
If you set the timer for half of the preparation time, when the timer bell rings, shake the food. Don't forget to set the timer again for the remaining cook time.
6. When you hear the timer bell, the set cooking time has elapsed. Pull the pan out of your Air Fryer and place it on a heat-resistant surface. You can switch off your Air Fryer manually by turning the temperature control knob to 0.
7. Check if your food is ready. If not ready yet, slide the pan back into the appliance and set the timer for a few extra minutes.
8. To remove small foods (e.g., fries), press the basket release button (1) and lift the basket out of the pan (2) ( Figure 10 ).
NOTE: Don't turn over the pan; otherwise, the oil collected on the bottom of the pan will leak onto the food.
The pan and the food are hot after hot air frying. Depending on the type of the food in your Air Fryer, steam may also escape from the pan.
Once your basket is empty, your Air Fryer is immediately ready to prepare the next batch.
Once you're finished cooking, don't forget to thoroughly clean your Air Fryer so it is ready the next time you need to use it.
Does this air fryer require oil?
The Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100 Series does not require any oil to fry your foods. While no oil is required, you can still use oil on your ingredients in moderation. Do not fill the air fryer pan with oil. This can result in a fire hazard.
What frying capacity do you need?
This air fryer is equipped with a 3.2 lb mesh metal basket that is essential in producing crispy results for your foods.
What is the temperature range of this air fryer?
The temperature range for the Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100 Series is 200-400°Fahrenheit.
Why do I have to shake the basket halfway through cooking time?
To ensure that your food is being fried evenly, certain types of foods will require shaking halfway through the cooking time. Foods that lie on top or across each other such as French fries need to be shaken.
Will this air fryer dry out my food?
Although this air fryer specializes in removing excess oils from foods, it will not dry out your food. It is recommended that if you prefer oil on your foods, to mix oil with your ingredients before inserting them into the fryer.
How long does it take to air fry my meal?
Cooking times in this air fryer can range from 9-50 minutes. Use the frying times in this chart as a guide. You'll need to adjust these times to suit the different quantities or thickness of food along with your own taste.
NOTE: Using a larger quantity of food requires longer time and using a smaller amount of food requires a shorter amount of cooking time.
Important Safety Precautions
CAUTION: Some Air Fryer parts, including outer surface, may get too hot to touch. To prevent burns, refrain from touching the body of the Air Fryer during operation, and wait until Air Fryer has cooled down to handle.
This Air Fryer is designed for household use only. It is not suitable to be safely used in environments such as staff kitchens, farms, motels, and other non-residential environments. The guarantee is invalid if the Air Fryer is used for professional or semi-professional purposes, or if it is not used according to instructions.
Please read all instructions before using your Air Fryer and do not use the appliance for any other purpose than described in this manual.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Ensure the appliance is placed on a flat, even, and stable surface.
- Check if the voltage indicated on the appliance fits the local main voltage.
- Do not use the appliance if there is any damage to the plug, main cord, or other parts.
- Do not plug in the appliance to an earthed wall socket. Always make sure that the plug is inserted into the wall socket properly.
Do not connect the appliance to an external timer switch.
Do not place the appliance on or near combustible materials such as a tablecloth or curtain.
Do not place the appliance against a wall or against another appliance. Leave at least 4 inches free space on the back and sides and 4 inches free space above the appliance.
Do not place anything on top of the appliance.
Keep the appliance and its main cord out of the reach of children.
Do not use an unauthorized person to replace or fix a damaged main cord.
- Keep all food in the basket to prevent any contact with the heating elements.
- Do not cover the air inlet or the air outlet when the appliance is working.
- Do not fill the pan with oil. This may cause a fire hazard.
- Do not touch the inside of the appliance while it is operating.
- Do not let the appliance operate unattended. During hot air frying, hot steam is released through the air outlet openings. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the steam and from the air outlet openings.
- Be careful of hot steam and air when you remove the pan from the appliance.
- Keep the main cord away from hot surfaces.
- Any accessible surfaces may become hot during use (Figure 2.)
Immediately unplug the appliance if you see dark smoke coming out of the Air Fryer. Wait for the smoke emission to stop before you remove the pan from the appliance.
Your Air Fryer has a built-in timer. The appliance will automatically shut off when the timer count reaches zero. You can also manually switch off the appliance by turning the timer knob counter clockwise to zero.
Special Cord Set Instructions
A short power supply cord is provided to reduce the risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a long cord. A longer detachable power supply cord or extension cord is not recommended for use with the Air Fryer.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way. Improper use of the grounded plug can result in electrical shock. If the power cord is damaged, please contact customer service.
Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
The appliance complies with all standards regarding Electromagnetic fields (EMF). Under proper handling, there is no harm for the human body based on available scientific evidence.