The 4 Different Types of Coffee Makers - Find the Perfect Brew for You!
Here in the United States, coffee has become a daily ritual for many people. One of the most important qualities of coffee that has helped it spread like wildfire is just how easy it has become to make fresh coffee.
As brewing techniques and coffee machine technology have improved, so has the quality of coffee that can be made right in your home.
Not only are there a wide variety of different coffee makers available, but there are also many different types of coffee you can easily make.
To put it simply, nowadays you can make almost any type of coffee you want by simply pressing a few buttons. You can customize just about anything as well - from the taste and flavor of the coffee to the amount of water you want to use.
Drip Coffee Makers
Drip models are the standard home dispensers that you can usually find in just about any home in your neighborhood and are among the most popular in the world. This is for a variety of reasons, including ease of use and the inexpensive nature of drip coffee units.
- Can brew anywhere from one to 12 cups of coffee at once, making them perfect for homes with multiple coffee drinkers.
- Simple to use, just add a coffee filter along with your favorite ground coffee, and then fill the reservoir with water. Just turn the coffeemaker on, and you'll have a hot pot of your favorite drink in just a few minutes.
- Many models are fully automatic and programmable. This allows you to set up the machine in advance, inputing exactly when you'd like to have a hot pot of coffee available.
Some additional functions of more modern drip units include:
- Clock: A companion to the programmable timer, check the time, and set your machine to work at a specific time of day.
- Pause button: Pause the coffee brewing if you want to have a cup before the machine is finished.
- Strength adjuster: Adjust the strength of your coffee to meet your desired taste
- Coffee grinder: Grind your own roasted coffee beans without needing another machine with an included coffee grinder.
- Permanent coffee filter: Save money over time by not requiring a disposable paper coffee filter.
Espresso Coffee Machines
Espresso coffee dispensers are designed specifically to make the bold coffee drink known across the world as espresso. First seen in Italy during the 1800's, espresso has since become one of the most popular types of coffee in the world.
The bold and concentrated coffee flavor makes espresso the perfect foundation for a wide variety of coffee drinks - many of which you can find at any coffee shop in the world. As the espresso coffee maker technology has improved, espresso machines have found a home in kitchens around the world as well.
- Modern espresso makers are designed to use almost any type of ground coffee to make espresso, including both dark and light roasts.
- Typically, models can make any number of espresso shots.
- Many units come with a dual spout, allowing you to make either two separate shots at the same time, or one double shot.
- Include adjustable shot length, to ensure you get exactly the shot of espresso you want.
- Many models feature programmable settings, much like other home drip versions.
French presses utilize one of the oldest forms of modern coffee making in the world. Developed in the 1850's, the press pot has remained relatively unchanged despite all the technological advances that other coffee makers have gone through. It's due to the relative simplicity that French press coffee remains one of the preferred coffee making methods for coffee connoisseurs. They're also an inexpensive coffee dispenser, and require no electricity to use.
- Consist of a simple design, which includes a tall cylinder, usually made of glass, and then a plunger and a filter.
- All you need to enjoy delicious coffee with your press pot is boiling water and coarsely grounded coffee.
Here's out it works:
- Put the coarse ground coffee at the bottom of the cylinder, and pour in the boiling water.
- Stir the resulting mixture well with a non-metal spoon, and leave it sitting with the lid on securely.
- Let the coffee sit and brew for anywhere from one to eight minutes, depending on the desired strength - the longer you let the coffee sit, the stronger it will be.
- When you're ready to enjoy your coffee, press the plunger down slowly, forcing the coffee grounds through the filter and pushing them down to the bottom of the cylinder.
- Finally, immediately pour out the coffee to avoid any bitter taste.
Single Cup Makers
Single cup machines are a great way to brew a single cup of coffee without much fuss or mess. Using prepackaged coffee pods or cups, one cup units do exactly that - make a single cup of your delicious drink. A coffee pod or prepackaged cup include grounds and a miniature filter, all contained within a single package.
The pod is designed to fit inside a specific type of machine. Once there, hot water is filtered through the pod or cup and brewing takes place in that contained space with the push of a button. The result - a hot and fresh cup of joe.
- Simply throw them out after using them, and that's it for clean up and maintenance.
- Since they only make one cup of coffee at a time, they are perfect for small households where there are only one or two casual coffee drinkers.
- Perfect for any office setting, as the wide variety of pod flavors and styles ensure that everyone in the office can make exactly the type they want.
- They use a fast and efficient process.
There are many different types of single cup coffee machines, and modern units can have a variety of extra features, including:
- Precision temperature control: This allows you to decide exactly what temperature is used to make your drink
- Strength: This controls how strong your coffee is by using more or less water in a single brewing process
- Filtration: Water can be filtered before the brewing process, resulting in a purer cup of coffee.
- Size: This allows you to adjust the size of the cup you're making, letting you leave room for milk or cream.
- Programmable clock: Just like drip models, these units are perfect for home use and allow you to program exactly when a cup of coffee is made - automatically.
Now that you know all about the different types of coffeemakers that are available you can find the perfect model for you. Consider getting one for both your home and your office so you can have access to your favorite drink whenever you want.
Click for Details >>
- Extend returns until 2/23/14
- NO Restocking Fees
- Guaranteed Holiday Shipping
- Electric Fireplaces
- Wine & Beverage Cooling
- Ice Makers
- Water Dispensers
- Home Appliances
- BBQ Grills & Smokers
- Air Purifiers
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Emergency Preparedness
- Air Conditioning
- Evaporative Cooling
- Electric Cooling Fans
- Ceiling Fans
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Supplies
- Contact Us
- Clearance Items
- 3 EASY WAYS TO PAY!
- Customer Service Hours:
Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 5 PM PST
- Toll Free Number:
- Local Number:
- Fax Number:
1100 S. Linwood Ave. Bldg B
Santa Ana, CA 92705
- In-Store Pick Up Available:
If you're a local customer, save on shipping by coming in to pick up your order. Select products that are available for local pick up - Call now and come in to pick up your purchase!
Will Call Hours:
Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 4 PM PST