Table of Contents
Want more articles like this? Click below for a FREE Air Fryer Ebook!
Healthy Eating With An Airfryer
Adults, children, teenagers and seniors all love French fries, potato wedges and of course crispy fried chicken. However, most people are constantly bludgeoned with how unhealthy these fried foods are. Thankfully, you can now enjoy all types of fried and deep fried foods without feeling guilty or lowering the nutritional value of your food. Air fryers offer an opportunity to parents, singles, seniors and children to have healthier eating options whenever they want. The sheer simplicity of "frying" food and then not having to scrub and clean the grease make airfryers a very handy gadget to have in your kitchen.
Why Invest in an Airfryer?
If you are contemplating investing in an airfryer, here are some benefits that will convince you to go ahead with your purchase.
- Cleaning up the air fryer after eating is easy, quick and simple
- Ability to prepare low-fat dishes for all age groups
- No need to open windows or use air fresheners to get rid of the aroma wafting through the air
As the name suggests, an air fryer doesn't require any oil and can easily cook the ingredient evenly and perfectly from all angles. This kitchen appliance uses rapid air technology wherein hot air is circulated to cook food. To Learn everything there is to know about AirFryers.
Who Benefits from Using an Airfryer?It is a well-known fact, no individual wants to dirty several pots and pans in the kitchen and then spend hours cleaning them up. So, anyone who wants to quickly make a healthy meal in a few minutes will benefit from using an air fryer.
KidsToday, parents are gaining awareness of giving their children healthy food. And, one of the best ways to introduce healthy foods to kids is by letting them get a hang of using an air fryer. At least you can rest easy at work knowing your child will be able to eat something healthy while you are away and will not expending all his energy in play.
Airfryer Benefits For Kids
- Kids can concoct quick and cheap meals without troubling parents
- They can still enjoy their French fries, fried chicken and other deep fried foods without parents being worried about unhealthy fats and calories
- Kids learn to eat better and healthier from an early age, a habit that will stay even during adulthood
Airfryer Recipe for Kids: Cheesy Garlic BreadIngredients:
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Preheat your Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer100B Delux AirFryer
- Mix crushed garlic with melted butter
- Top each slice of bread with grated cheese
- Spoon melted butter and garlic mix on the cheese
- Place the slices in the preheated air fryer for 5 minutes
TeenagersTeenagers are always stuck in their rooms and never want to join the rest of the family for meals. Being a teenager is tough, especially with all the peer pressure they face. So, a good way for a teenager to have a positive body image is by introducing them to air fryers.
Airfryer Benefits For Teenagers
- Teenagers can cook their own meals in a jiffy and do so cheaply
- Eat what they want without worrying about calories
- When teens can eat what they want and like, the chances of suffering from food disorders (anorexia and bulimia) reduces
- Gives teens an avenue to become creative
- Gives a break to a hard working parent
Airfryer Recipe for Teenagers: PizzaIngredients:
- Prepared pizza base
- Tomato sauce, 50 ml
- Bowl of thinly sliced mozzarella
- Salami strips
- Dried oregano
- Diced mushrooms
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Spread tomato sauce on the pizza base
- Add mozzarella
- Spread salami and mushroom slices
- Sprinkle oregano and Parmesan cheese
- Place the pizza in the air fryer for about 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown or bubbling
Single PeopleIt is a pain to cook for one person and this is why a vast majority of singletons prefers to eat takeaways, dine out and eat other unhealthy foods, such as processed foods. This can cause an unhealthy and expensive lifestyle. An airfryer makes it easy for a single person to cook without dirtying too many dishes and causing a fuss; and the cleaning up after cooking is also quick and easy.
Airfryer Benefits For A Single Person
- Eat healthy with nutritious foods
- Save money by not dining out for dinner all the time
- Learn creative ways to use various veggies and meats to prepare simple and quick meals
Air fryer Recipe for Singles: Crusted Chicken ParmIngredients:
- 8 pcs of chicken tenders or 2 chicken breast cut into 4 strips
- 1 cup Italian Style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- Combine and marinate the egg, garlic powder, melted butter and chicken fillet
- Mix Italian Style bread crumbs with parmesan cheese
- Coat fillet with the Italian Style bread crumb mixture and set in the crumbs until they moisten and stick (about 5 mins)
- The Air Fryer base should be lined with aluminum foil
- Preheat Air Fryer at 200°F for 3 mins
- Place 4 slices of chicken on basket
- Air fry for 7 minutes until golden brown
- Repeat previous step for the other 4 slices of chicken
You shouldn't need to flip the fillet during air frying and it will come out evenly browned on both sides without sticking.
Senior PeopleThis is one section of the population that can benefit immensely from using an airfryer. They can eat healthy meals without too much effort. A large majority of seniors get tired very quickly and this hardly leaves any energy to cook a nutritious meal. As a result, they suffer from nutritional imbalances. This can easily be avoided with an airfryer.
Airfryer Benefits For Senior People
- Cook a meal without getting fatigued
- Enjoy delicious and healthy foods
- Cook multiple dishes simultaneously
- Have a meal ready in a few minutes
Airfryer Salmon with Dill Sauce Salmon PreparationIngredients:
- 12 ounces of salmon (fresh or packaged)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (of your choosing)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
Dill Sauce Preparation
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- Preheat Airfryer to 270°F.
- Slice the salmon into two 6-ounce servings and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over each helping
- Season with pinch of salt and place the fish into the basket and cook for 15-17 minutes
- To make the dill sauce combine the yogurt, sour cream, chopped dill and salt in a mixing bowl
- Pour the dill sauce over the cooked salmon and accompany it with an additional pinch of chopped dill
Airfryer vs Deep Fryer
Which is Safer?Many household fires and burn injuries in the kitchen occur due to deep fryers. In comparison, an airfryer is safe and even children can use it if they are taught how to do so.
Problems with Deep Fryers:
- People may fill more oil than necessary and this causes the oil to spill over when the food is immersed in the oil
- The risk of splashes and injuries is high
- Deep fryers cannot be left unattended
- If oil in the chip pan is smoking, the deep fryer should be switched off immediately to prevent the oil from catching fire (oil catches fire at 500°F)
All these risks are not present with an airfryer. Since there is no oil used in "frying" or "deep frying" therefore there is no risk of oil catching fire or splashing and burning anyone.
Safety Features in AirfryersAirfryers are renowned for their safety features and as a result, they are much safer to use compared to deep fryers.
- Airfryers use heated air to cook food, but this heat is not that high to pose a fire risk
- It has an automatic switch off system that turns the air fryer off the moment you pull out the inside container to check the food being prepared
- There is no need to stand in front of the airfryer while it is cooking. It comes with an indicator that gives a beeping sound the moment the timer of the fryer hits zero
- It comes with an adjustable temperature setter to set the temperature based on what you need to cook
- Some makes and models come with air filters that remove food odors and vapors, so that they don't spread through your home
- Since no oil is used for cooking, there is no risk of splashing.
Singles and older people also should invest in an airfryer. They can cook their meals quickly, cheaply and efficiently. And with no grease during the preparation process, cleaning up is also a breeze. If you want to cook multiple things, it can be done in an airfryer. Just use a separator to cook two ingredients at the same time; and both will be cooked to perfection.
Finally, unlike a deep fryer, you never have to worry about toxins in the cooking medium. Remember, when oil is heated to high temperatures, it breaks down to release toxins which then enter your body to cause all sorts of health issues. With an airfryer, no oil means no toxins. Just healthy, wholesome food at any time of the day.