Table of Contents
This winter, you will be pleased to find that there is a more advanced way of heating your home with the Dimplex Smart Heaters. They come with built-in electronic thermostats, learning technology, wireless control capabilities, and are high performing models that will keep your whole house warm.
If you're looking for a sleek and stylish way to heat your home, you've found it in the Linear Proportional Convector.
As it comes in white, it can complement almost any color and style of home, and will be a welcomed addition rather than be considered an eyesore, like other heaters that are not only bulky, but unsightly and inefficient.
The Linear Proportional Convector uses specially designed CONNEX™ wireless technology to radio "talk" to other synchronized devices via a radio frequency. The owner can operate multiple synchronized devices all from one centralized device, so there's no worrying about dealing with a slew of tangled wires.
It can easily be installed by using the pre-cut mounting holes, and its small size makes it simple to place almost anywhere as it's 42 percent smaller than traditional baseboards, yet the top vent discharge allows it to work nearly 40 percent faster.
Installation is easy enough that you don't even have to worry about gas lines, duct work, or a furnace. However, the LPC baseboard heater should still be installed by a certified electrician.
The baseboard heater would work well in almost any room ranging from small rooms to large rooms, in a basement to the attic and anywhere in between. You can mount it on the wall, or near the floor, and it may be helpful to keep in mind that the cord connects from the right side.
Safe placement and installation
- Flammable liquids
Note that the temperature of the wall surface can reach 160°F or above. However, if you place it slightly away from the wall and floor by using spacer kits, the temperature can be reduced to 129°F.
For safety purposes, once the on-board temperatures of the heater reach 199° F, the unit shuts down and forces itself to a safe temperature.
You can control the temperature of the room to be anywhere from 32°F - 86°F.
Thanks to the smaller size of the heater as well as the top vent discharge, there's no more sitting around and shivering while the room takes forever to get warm.
- The Linear Proportional Convector baseboear heater can heat up a room 40 percent faster than traditional baseboards, and all you'll need is a simple touch of a button to get it going.
- The extra sensitive thermostat ensures that it is in sync to the heater with a plus or minus difference of only 1 degree.
- The wall remote can be synchronized with the LPC baseboard heater via the thermostat.
You'll never have a problem figuring out how to get your room to a nice and comfortable temperature.
Despite its rather small size, its unique design allows the unit to promote a strong heat output due to the rapid vertical laminar flow.
Whole house heating
Whole house heating is one of the best things you can do for your home. You can set each zone of your house from one centrally located controller, and all at the touch of a button.
Not only is it beneficial in terms of saving money on your heating costs, but also in terms of convenience. Imagine not having to go room to room having to manually set each thermostat, or having to deal with one room that's too hot and another that's too cold.
Because the on-board thermostat provides a consistent room temperature, that can result in up to a 33 percent cost in energy savings for you. The polyester/epoxy powder coating finish will not only resist against wear and fading, but it's also environmentally friendly.
Although the heater needs to be inspected regularly, it's incredibly easy to clean. Since it has no moving parts, all you'll need to do is use a vacuum cleaner attachment to reach inside after turning off the heater and removing the top grill.
It has a shark fin blade design on a steel tubular element that improves heat transfer, so you'll certainly have the LPC around for a long time.
- The Linear Proportional Convector operates on 208/240
- Operates on 500W-2500W
- Comprised of 20-gauge steel construction
- Comes with a 10-year element warranty
- Measures between 20 and 60 inches depending on model
- Weighs between 4 and 10 pounds depending on model
- Has a one year warranty on the remote control
- Has a one year warranty on the complete unit
- CONNEX™ Compatible
Speaking of Connex compatibility, here is a list of all the types of Linear Proportional Convector baseboard heaters that are compatible with Connex Controllers:
This baseboard heater is an ideal option for those who want a room - or entire home - at an even and comfortable temperature whenever they desire without having to sit around in sweaters and under blankets, waiting for a long time for it to get to that point.
Using a Linear Proportional Convector beaseboard is an excellent way to save money on heating costs, and with a savings at around 33 percent, how can you go wrong? With its small size yet high powered efficiency, it can work well in almost any sized space regardless of where it's placed in the home.
With the colder weather fast approaching, you'll need a way to stay warm without having to bury under blankets or dress in multiple layers, and the PCH2000TCW Precision Comfort Heater is just what you're looking for.
- The sleek and modern design, as well as the white coloring, makes this unit ideal to use in almost any room of your home, and its minimal sound output ensures no noisy disruptions. Forget about using the bulky or unsightly heaters that are on the market when this unit will only add simplistic style to your space.
- The Precision Comfort Heater can also use special CONNEX™ wireless technology via a radio frequency to "talk" to other synchronized devices so the owner can operate multiple devices all from a single unit. With this heater and its accessories, you won't have to worry about dealing with a bunch of messy tangled wires.
The Precision Comfort Heater already comes pre-assembled, so you won't have to deal with a box full of barely unidentifiable pieces.
- The heater attaches right in to the wall via the pre-cut mounting holes on the sides, top, and front.
- Thanks to the large wiring compartment, power connection is easy.
- With the simplistic design and ease of installation, you'll have the heater up and running in no time.
For safety and optimal performance, the Precision Comfort Heater should be placed at least 8 inches from the floor, and it's special design allows it to be mounted between two studs so it can stay securely in place. You can put this heater in any room of your home, including in the:
There must be an opening in the wall that measures 13.5 inches high by 8 3/8 inches wide with a depth of 3 3/4 inches at minimum.
The Precision Comfort Heater can fit in anywhere, but it must be placed away from potential safety hazards, such as:
- Flammable liquids
The heater is hot while it's in use, so to avoid accidental burns, it's especially important to keep pets and children away from it while it's running, and it should only be used by an adult. It has a cool down period of 2.5 minutes once it's shut off.
Who wants to sit around and shiver when the Precision Comfort Heater can get your room toasty warm in no time?
- You can control the temperature of the heater to ensure the room is any temperature you desire between 32°F - 86°F.
- The built-in electronic thermostat is specially designed so that it is always in sync with the heater to a plus or minus difference of only .2°F.
- Thanks to the patented PVO™ technology adjusting the wattage and fan speed, it allows the thermostat to be five times more accurate than other models on the market.
- You may feel its effects, but the Precision Comfort Heater is so quiet you'll barely even know that it's there.
- A positive temperature coefficient element allows for a variable fan speed and heat output.
The settings on the PCH2000TCW Precision Comfort Heater are simple to use and understand, but should you need a reference, the accompanying user manual thoroughly explains everything from what each symbol stands for to what the buttons do.
You can even program a Set Point Temperature for the room, and when the heater reaches that point, the Comfort Setting Icon (a house) will appear.
For additional reference, you can download the user manual right from the website. You'll never have a problem figuring out how to operate your heater. Extra single controllers, as well as multi-zone controllers, are available for purchase from the manufacturer.
Whole house heating
Whole house heating isn't just a convenience, but a need. Not only can it help save you money thanks in part to the economy setting, but it's also easier for you to be in charge of the comfort level of your home in a more convenient way.
Rather than have to go from thermostat to thermostat to set the temperature in each room, you can do everything from one single controller. You can go from a warm bathroom to a chilly bedroom if you so desire, and every room will be perfectly tailored to your preferences.
You want to keep you and your family warm, but that doesn't mean you should have to pay an exorbitant amount of money to make it happen.
The Precision Comfort Heater uses up to 29 percent less energy than a standard wall thermostat and fan heater, which means more money you'll be able to keep in your pocket. When the room is not in use, switch the heater over to the economy setting to save even more money.
To clean the Precision Comfort Heater, start by disconnecting power from the circuit breaker. Once the heater cools down, all you'll need is a vacuum to clean off the dust from the filter and grille. To go an extra step further, you can wash the filter in soap and water and let it dry before reinstalling it. Extra filters, as well as an extra grille, are available for purchase from the manufacturer.
- The Precision Comfort Heater operates on 240/208V
- It has a wattage of 2000/1900W
- It comes with a 5 year element warranty as well as a 2 years limited warranty
- The heater is CONNEX™ Compatible
- Measures 264mm x 391mm x 130mm
- Weighs 9.5 pounds
- Comes with 2 x 3 trim.
- This unit is currently only available in North America
For those who want to warm up a room, an apartment, or an entire house, there are few better options than a PCH2000TCW Precision Comfort Heater, especially due to its price and cost-efficiency. With its exceptional ease of use, you'll wonder how you ever did without it.
If you're looking for a sleek and advanced way to heat one or multiple rooms in your home, the Precision Panel Convector is just what you need, and you're going to wonder how you ever did without it.
The white color of the machine makes it easy to incorporate it into almost any home and style of decor, and rather than it be an eyesore like many heaters on the market, it will be a welcomed addition that adds to the look of the space.
To install the Precision Panel Convector, all you have to do is follow a few simple steps.
Use the mounting bracket as a guide to mark where the convector should go, attach the bracket onto the wall, then attach the convector onto the mounting bracket and make sure it's securely in place.
Use caution around this heater, as it may get hot. It is advised that children and pets keep a minimum of three feet away from the heater, and that only adults control the appliance. Wait for the PPC heater to cool down before touching it.
- The Precision Panel Convector can make the temperature of a room anywhere from 32°F - 86°F.
- It's designed to ensure that it's in sync with a plus or minus difference of only .5 degrees.
- Pressing the + and - buttons will allow you to move the temperature setting up and down until you reach the one you desire, while holding both buttons at the same time will toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
Placement of the Precision Panel Convector
The heater can be placed in almost any room of the home, but it should not be put anywhere near water, such as near a bathtub or a sink. It should also not be placed directly below a wall socket outlet.
Safe placement and installation
- Flammable liquids
The Precision Panel Convector operates using specially designed CONNEX™ technology, which works via a radio frequency control that allows the units to "talk" to each other wirelessly.
The CONNEX™ wireless technology synchronizes multiple devices to one controller to allow for convenience and ease of use. It's a huge benefit to not have any messy wires to have to deal with.
- To synchronize the Precision Panel Convector and the wall controller, hold down the v button on the heater for a few moments, then press the -, +, and v buttons.
- Follow that up by pressing any button on the controller.
- To lock the settings in place, hold down the v button on the Precision Panel Convector for a few moments, then press +, -, +, - to enable the lock feature, and -, +, -, + when you want to disable it.
Benefits of whole house heating
There are many who think whole house heating is a waste, and maybe you're one of them, but once they hear all the benefits of it, quite a few change their mind on the matter.
Not only can whole house heating save you money, especially when the economy setting is in use, but it also is much more convenient to operate every synchronized device from one unit rather than go around to each one and set the exact temperature you wish for each room. It allows all the rooms to be perfectly comfortable and set exactly the way you like them.
If you think that whole house heating is a waste of money, you would be incorrect. When the heater is not in use, you can put it on the Economy Setting to help save more money. The Precision Panel Convector can help you reduce your heating bills by more than 33 percent, which means more cash left in your pocket.
The Precision Panel Convector should be inspected regularly to ensure there's no dust build up on the inside or outside of the unit. Before starting to clean the heater, it's a must to completely disconnect it from power to avoid fire, electrical shock, or burns.
The outside of the unit only and not the inside should be wiped down with a clean damp cloth. No chemicals should be used on the inside or outside of the machine. To clean the inside of the unit, only use a vacuum attachment to remove the dust. While cleaning the Precision Panel Convector, make sure the settings are on lock mode to avoid any accidental changes to the temperature.
- The Precision Panel Convector operates on 208/240 volts
- Has a wattage of 375/500W, 750/1000W, 1125/1500W, 1500/2000W
- The unit is only available in North America
- The front cover is constructed of 21 gauge steel, and the heating element is comprised of sheathed steel.
- The Precision Panel Convector is finished off with a polyester powder coating
- Features a built-in electronic thermostat
- It's CONNEX™ Compatible
- Weighs between 9 and 16 pounds depending on model
- Measures between 38.9" and 55.1" depending on model
- Comes with a 10 year warranty on element and a 2 year limited warranty on the unit
There's something to be said about having a heater that makes your environment and home life just a little bit easier.
The Precision Panel Convector makes it simple to heat one or more rooms in your home and make them a temperature you're happy with, so when you can come in after a long day, you can concentrate on relaxing rather than shivering under blankets.
Considering the sleek design of the Precision Panel Convector combined with its efficiency and it's ability to save you double digit percentages off your heating bill, you can't go wrong with incorporating it into your home.
You have enough to worry about on a daily basis, and the temperature of your home shouldn't be one more thing on your list. Your home is supposed to be your oasis, where you relax at the end of a long day, and the temperature plays a big part in just how comfortable you'll be.
The DPCRWS Single-zone CONNEX™ controller is perfect to help you check off one worry. As the name suggests, this unit will allow you to control your home environment at a single temperature, one area at a time.
Installation of the Single-zone CONNEX™ controller
When it comes to installing the battery-operated Single-zone CONNEX™ controller, it really couldn't be more simple. There's no drilling, cutting, or wires needed, all you have to do is take the unit and screw right in to the standard vertical electrical outlet. Yes, it's really that easy!
- The DPCRWS Single-zone CONNEX™ controller has a 50-foot range, and it can control subsequent Linear Proportional Convector heaters outside of that range as long as they're within 50 feet of each other.
- The unit is programmed to synchronize with other heaters via an RF signal as their way to communicate with each other within 5 seconds of a button being pressed.
- Make sure to place the Single-zone CONNEX™ controller in a centralized location that's easily accessible, such as in the living room.
- When you're programming the temperature on the Single-zone CONNEX™ controller, you can set it to either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- It can be programmed to operate any temperature you desire as long as it's set between 32°F and 86°F or 0°C and 30°C.
- The settings are so sensitive that it can ensure it's synched with the heaters to a temperature that's plus or minus only .5°F.
- To alternate between °F and 0°C, all you have to do is hold down the - button and + button at the same time. The + and - signs when pressed individually will change the Set Point temperature.
The DPCRWS Single-zone CONNEX™ controller can be synchronized with multiple Connex compatible heaters so you can maintain one constant temperature throughout the entire home, or if you're prefer to have various rooms set to a specific temperature, you can use multiple controls to set the temperature in different rooms.
All it takes to make it happen is the touch of a button.
Programming the Single-zone CONNEX™ controller is very easy whether you're changing the temperature or you're synchronizing the controller with various heaters in your home.
You'll use the up and down arrows for navigation and follow the depictions of the symbols in the user manual. If you want to set the lock button, hold down the v button for a few seconds, and to enable it, press +, -, +, -, and if you want to disable it, press -, +, -, +.
Synchronization with the heaters
The Single-zone CONNEX™ controller uses special CONNEX™ wireless technology that works by allowing a radio frequency to "talk" to other synchronized devices. It permits the owner to synchronize multiple heaters and operate it all from one controller, and there's no tangled wires involved.
- To use the Single-zone CONNEX™ controller with the Connex compatible heaters, you're going to have to synchronize all of them so they can operate along the RF signal.
- To do this, you hold down the v button on the Linear Proportional Convector, then press the -, +, and v buttons.
- Follow that up by pressing any button on the Single-zone CONNEX™ controller.
Benefits of whole house heating
Maybe you're one of the many who think that whole house heating is a waste and that you're only throwing away money, but it's actually incredibly convenient and cost-efficient.
Not only can it save you money by keeping the entire house at an even temperature, but it also means you won't have to go from room to room setting each individual thermostat. You can do it all via one centralized controller, and every room from the bedroom to the bathroom can be set to be a particular temperature that makes you comfortable.
Imagine being able to walk out of the shower and into a warm bathroom, or go to sleep in a slightly chilly bedroom; it's all set the way you like.
There's only two things you have to do when you want to maintain the Single-zone CONNEX™ controller:
- Change the batteries
- Wipe it down
It's as simple as that! When you're wiping down the unit, make sure you use only a cloth that's dampened with water, and if you want to remove any fingerprints from the screen, check to make sure it's on lock first to avoid accidentally changing any settings.
When you want to change the batteries, just remove the Single-zone CONNEX™ controller from the wall, remove the battery cover, and replace the battery. The low battery indicator on the unit will let you know when it's time to change out the batteries.
The stats of the DPCRWS Single-zone CONNEX™ controller
- The Single-zone CONNEX™ controller operates on 3V
- The unit is battery controlled with a CR2032 - 3V
- It has a range of 50 feet
- The temperature settings are 32°F - 86°F or 0°C - 30°C
- Weighs .2 pounds
- Measures 0.75" x W: 2.75" x H: 4.50"
- It's CONNEX™ compatible
- The controller fits directly into a standard electrical outlet
- It comes with a limited warranty
The Single-zone CONNEX™ controller makes it much easier to wake up in or walk into a home that's the perfect temperature for you and your family. Never again will you have to worry about going from room to room trying to get everything just right when you can do it all from one small little controller that's barely noticeable.
With everything you need to juggle on a daily basis, the easier and more convenient things are for you, the better, especially at home.
It's supposed to be your sanctuary, and it should run as easily and efficiently as possible so you can concentrate on what's really important: relaxing and spending time with your family and friends.
This CX-MPC Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™ is just what you've been looking for. The temperature of your home plays a big part in your comfort level, and this controller allows you to control the temperature in four different areas of your home right from this one device.
Installation of the Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™
- There's no holes to cut or wires to install when you're hooking up the Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™.
- Once you take it out of the box, all you have to do is remove the insulating strip, mark and drill holes in the wall by using the wall mounting bracket as a guide, then screw the bracket into the wall.
- Slide the controller in and you're all set as far as installation goes.
The Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™ has a 50-foot range, and it can control multiple CONNEX™ heaters outside of that range as long as subsequent units are within 45-feet of any other unit in the system.
Make sure to place the controller in a centralized location that's easily accessible, such as the living room or kitchen.
Controller set up
Once the battery strip is removed from the controller, then you can program the unit for the:
- Type of clock
- Current time
- Temperature measurement preference
- Time settings based on home, away, sleep, and wake
The Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™ involves using a back lit touch screen, so make sure to always use a blunt object rather than one that's sharp, such as a pen, so you won't damage it.
The user manual takes you step-by-step through the installation process with diagrams included, so it's easy to navigate from the beginning of the process to the end. For extra reference, the user manual can also be printed out from the website.
The Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™ will display the current temperature, but you can also see the settings for the following day at the touch of a button. In addition, you can set the temperature settings to temporary or indefinite.
If you need to make a substantial amount of changes, you can do so by doing a factory reset, which will revert the unit back to how it was the first day you got it.
Programming the CX-MPC Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™ is incredibly easy whether you're setting the date or you're setting the temperature in the four zones of your home. You'll use the up and down arrows for navigation, and when any adjustment is made, a check mark will show, and you'll press the check mark to save any changes.
Synchronization with the heaters
In order to use the Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™ in conjunction with the heaters, you're going to have to set each unit individually. The unit uses special CONNEX™ wireless technology to wirelessly "talk" to other synchronized devices via radio frequency. The user can synchronize multiple devices to one controller, and operate all the devices at once from one centralized location without a bunch of wires getting in the way.
It's best to bring the controller with you as you walk around from heater to heater.
The process is a lot more simple than it sounds. All you have to do is press the double arrow button, choose the zone in which the heater is located, hold down the V button on the heater, then follow that up by pressing the -, +, and V buttons on the heater, then press the double arrow again. Repeat the process for each heater, and you're all set.
Benefits of whole house heating
There are many who think whole house heating is a waste of money, but they'd be incorrect. There are a slew of benefits, one of which is that it can save you money, especially when you use the economy setting on the unit.
Additionally, you don't have to go from room to room to set each one to a particular temperature, and with the Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™, you can set specific zones to a certain temperature based on your preferences. Imagine never having to walk out of the shower and into a freezing cold bathroom ever again.
The CX-MPC Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™ is just as easy to clean as it is to set up. There's two things you have to do to maintain the unit:
- Wipe it down
- Change the batteries
That's it! When you're wiping down the unit, just use a damp cloth, and if you have to remove any smudges from the touch screen, put the unit on lock beforehand to avoid inadvertently changing any of the settings.
To change the batteries, just slide the unit out of the wall holder, remove the battery cover, and switch out the batteries with new ones. The unit will display a low battery icon on the screen when it's time to make the switch.
- The Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™ operates on 3V
- It has a range of 50 feet
- Can cover 159 feet / 48 m throughout the whole home between 4 individual heat zones
- The unit is only available for use in North America.
- It's CONNEX™ compatible
- The unit is comprised of white molded polymer and an LCD touch screen.
- Measures 5.5" W x 3.375" H x 0.7" D
- Weight is 0.5 kg / 1 lb
- Batteries not included
Why settle for complicated when the Multi-zone Programmable CONNEX™ can make your life and home so much easier to handle? You'll never have to worry about walking in from a long day at work and having to wait while your home gets to just the right temperature. You can set the unit for a variety of scenarios so your home will always be exactly the way you want it.
So besides all of the aforementioned benefits of purchasing CONNEX™ heaters, the absolute best part is that you can run all three heaters - the Linear Proportional Convector, the Precision Comfort Heater, and the Precision Panel Convector - in every area of your home at the same time to ensure comfort and warmth regardless of the temperature outside.
Run the Linear Proportional Convector in the living room, the Precision Panel Convector in the bedroom, and the Precision Comfort Heater in the bathroom, but navigate all from a single device - the Multi-zone programmable CONNEX or the Single-zone programmable CONNEX - that's placed in a central location.
It couldn't get much easier to keep your family safe and warm while setting every room in your home to whatever temperature you desire. Who says you can't have it all?