Enjoy Healthier Air with a Home Air Purifier
In the 1970s, the oil embargo led building designers to make buildings more airtight and with less outdoor air ventilation in an attempt to improve energy efficiency. In many cases, these reduced ventilation rates have been found inadequate to maintain the health and comfort of individuals.
The EPA has noted that indoor air pollution and health problems are interrelated. Immediate effects following exposure to indoor pollutants can include:
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat
- Viral-like symptoms
- Respiratory diseases
- Heart disease
Strategies for Making Your Home Air Cleaner
In order to address the issue of poor indoor air in your home, three basic strategies can be followed:
- Control the source of pollution
- Improve ventilation
- Utilize an air purifier for home use
The Best Air Purifier for You
A whole house air purifier is an absolutely essential component to maintaining a pollutant-free home, but the level and source of pollution, purification methods available, and the square footage being purified are also important factors to be considered. Depending on your particular air concerns you can choose different features that come with different models:
- Complete and thorough control of particulates such as dust, dander, and pollen require the use of a True HEPA air purifier. They eliminate 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns, and are safe for those with sensitive lungs.
- For odor control, look for an Activated Carbon air purifier to absorb noxious smells and gases.
- If viruses and/or mold are a concern, a UV sterilization air purifier can effectively destroy biological contaminants.
- If you have pets then you might want to consider a special pet air purifier to reduce and eliminate pet allergy causing particulates. Most utilize a combination of technologies, including HEPA and carbon filters.
For even additional protection against pollutants, combine a furnace filter with an air purifier to turn your home into a "whole house filter."
Nonetheless, when considering a purifier for your home, one of the most important factors to keep in mind is the overall size of the area being purified. Because units are rated based on area sizes, ensure proper handling of pollutants by looking for a model that can handle your appropriate square footage, as a smaller, room air purifier will be inadequate for whole-home use.
Click for Details >>
- Extend returns until 2/23/14
- NO Restocking Fees
- Guaranteed Holiday Shipping
- Shop All Departments
- Air Purifiers
- Shop by Type:
- Editor's Picks
- Shop by Price:
- Shop by Square Feet:
- Shop by Concern:
- Shop by Brand:
- Contact Us
- Clearance Items
- 3 EASY WAYS TO PAY!
- Customer Service Hours:
Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 5 PM PST
- Toll Free Number:
- Local Number:
- Fax Number:
1100 S. Linwood Ave. Bldg B
Santa Ana, CA 92705
- In-Store Pick Up Available:
If you're a local customer, save on shipping by coming in to pick up your order. Select products that are available for local pick up - Call now and come in to pick up your purchase!
Will Call Hours:
Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 4 PM PST